On February 1 two inexperienced and naïve British travelers are setting out on an epic journey across asia, this is their story...

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Woooo Great Wall woooo!!!

Hi all,

Couldn’t find the traditional music place, so we did what all self-respecting English tourists do and got trollied. We ended up in a bus that doubles up as a bar partying with a load of people from Green peace. They were all a bit hippy and thrashed us at pool (I Know we lost at pool to a bunch of Whale lovers!) but it was a good nite and we met a chinese guy that new most of the England team from Italia 90 “Stewer Peers” included!

Next day we were supposed to go to the Summer palace, but our hangovers stopped us from leaving the room until 2 so instead we went to a shopping mall, watched another really boring flag ceremony at Tianamien (sp!) square (no more flags) and saw the Da Vinci Code, unfortunately all the French bits were subtitled in Chinese.

So, we finally got to the summer palace. It was alright, looked a bit like Chessington World of Adventure’s China world where it had all been rebuilt recently, pay attention class; this was because in the 1860s the Anglo-French forces burnt the entire place down. But, it was a nice way to spend a day! We also went for a meal with the Kung Fu geeks (one looks like Forest Gump during the running part of the film the other is just a bit geeky).

The next day, we finally saw the Great Wall, which was massive. We went with two Sweedish girls Linnea and Elsa, and a guy called Vimto, who knows a lot about prostitutes. The wall was one of the best things we’ve seen so far, much better than the Taj and equal to Everest, also it had a zip line to get back down, which made the experience even better. All round a fantastic day ‘We went up we came down’ as one of the hawkers kept telling us!

Since then, we’ve seen Chairman Meow’s pickled remains, which was a bit odd as they had used an orange light to highlight his head. However, the light had the effect of making him look like he’d spent a bit too long in tanning saloons. We’ve also seen the Forbidden City – sounds more exciting than it is – and been to the ancient walled city of Pingua (or something like that), which had a very nice wall (but not as nice as the great wall, which is probably why it’s not called the great wall of Pingua, I’m rambling aren’t I, in fact I doubt anyone is still reading this. Garlen says I’m like Steve Davis, the snooker player famed for being boring, but I don’t think I am. Anyway, Steve Davis can be quite funny I think!) errr to continue – blah blah blah train blah blah blah Xi’an and that’s it so take care and we’ll see you all next time
Damian xxx

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya,
Good to hear you got to china ok. How long do you plan to travel around china? I love your updates and your stories and photos ect so keep em coming! Have you bought anymore sun galsses? i think you should buy a pair from every country you go to! more interesting than a stamp collection, actully maybe not! they would all probably be made in Taiwan.

hmmm News from back home isnt much really! I know how you like to hear about whats going on with us Gar but its really the same old. Except I hit a man with my umbrella a few weeks ago after he assaulted a girl. I got him right in the eye! Anyway, noone will give me a flamming job, thats where all my anger is coming from!
My sister had a baby girl. she called her Amber-May. Shes a little cutie! She's a week and a half old now.
Sean and Michael are going to goth clubs now! i tried to stop them i really did gar but my efforts failed me. they came home at 8am. tut tut.
Carla is now officially on holiday from Uni and is still only working fri and sat. lazy lazy girl. Me, im begging to work! yeahhhh. She's still smoking, drinking, acting the clown...nothing really new with her. *thinks for a moment* nah nothing.
Im going to see the Editors on Thursday and a new band I like called Howling Bells are supporting! thats what im looking forward to this week. but you yeah you probably have a lot more interesting adventurous things planned! oh well my travelling days will come soon, once i pull my finger out. It may end up being a holiday to Australia but atleast I can say I did make an effort. a very small effort!

Hope all is well,
Alana

1:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damian, are you getting the snooker player confused with the other Steve Davies which you idealise?

You know, this could be a great place to reveal all your sordid misdeeds in Basingstoke...

Foxy

6:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh if only I could be more like old Stevie - grow my hair long, become a drunk, look like a homeless person and mentaly abuse my staff - maybe then I could become an editor to!

Damo

3:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't that slander?
H

10:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home